Sunday 30 December 2007

Recycled Shopping Bag #1


Made from some of H's old t-shirts (a horrible promo one from work and another I'd already hacked up a bit), this is my first recycled shopping bag. Took me about 4 straight hours to make; could probably do a similar one in less time now.

First time I had used the sewing machine to do appliqué (actually the first time to do appliqué ever), which was no mean feat since my sewing machine has a Finnish-only instruction book. Practising that took some time. The lettering in general was the time-eater, but not actually that difficult.

Next bag won't be made out of t-shirts, since the finished object is really only any use if buying cereal, cotton wool and packets of air. Got some good ideas, so will be making some more soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More